Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Lesson: Blame it on the one who left.

Cynthia was freaking out today, some files from the last fiscal year were missing. I used to be her assistant, so she came to me. Naturally I had no idea where those blasted files are. I do not keep track of things well, am so not a good assistant. When you're too good as an assistant, you will not move up.

Ms. Machiavelli that I was, I pinned the lack of organization on Dominique, a fictitious employee who left a while ago. It's always a good idea to blame it on someone who left the company -- those who are not present can not defend themselves. I had to make up a body in this case, but it worked. Cynthia was grunting about never going to her favorite temp agency for help again, because "Dominique" came from there. All in all, a good day. Files are still missing, blame is never on me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home